Reuse, Recycle, Repeat Contest Encourages you to Go Green!
Earth Day is just around the corner, so we thought we’d celebrate with a new contest that rewards our fans for being environmentally friendly. The Reuse, Recycle, Repeat contest invites you to share creative, yet practical ways to reuse empty 5-hour ENERGY® bottles. The contest launches today and ends on April 22, when three lucky winners will be selected to receive a supply of 5-hour ENERGY® and an eco-friendly tumbler!
We care about the environment, which is why this contest asks you to share different ways you reuse empty 5-hour ENERGY® bottles. Whether you’re keeping your arts and crafts supplies organized or you’re storing liquids in your carry-on luggage, the possibilities of how 5-hour ENERGY® bottles can be repurposed are endless! We want to inspire you to help protect the environment not only for Earth Day, but year-round by coming up with everyday ways to reuse product waste.
If you’re struggling to come up with repurposing ideas, we urge you to simply recycle your empty bottles. According to Green Waste, less than one percent of all plastic products are recycled in the United States. In addition, Americans throw away roughly 25,000,000 plastic beverage bottles every hour. Instead of adding to that statistic, make the decision to go green and recycle. Remember, there is only one Earth so please treat it right!
Looking for other ways to sustain and improve the environment? Here are some simple ways you can make your lifestyle a bit greener:
• Switch to reusable shopping bags – This is a one-time investment (usually around $1.00 per bag) that will help you cut back on a ton of waste every year.
• Unplug appliances not in use- Did you know that appliances use energy even when they aren’t plugged in? Save yourself some money and help out the environment by unplugging!
• Find an alternative to driving – Whether it’s walking, biking or taking the bus, try out other means of transportation besides driving to reduce your carbon footprint.
• Switch to reusable cups and bottles – Once you buy a reusable water bottle, you’re eliminating waste and you’ll never have to buy water again! The same goes for reusable coffee cups.
• The easiest thing to do is simply turn off lights when you leave the room. Kids can easily get in on the action, and it’s an environmental value that will last a lifetime.
In order to enter the contest, visit our Website or Facebook page to fill out the contest entry form. In addition, you must submit a photo or video with a description of how you reuse your empty 5-hour ENERGY®.