A Follow-Up With The 5-hour ENERGY® VIP Racing Experience
1. Give us a rundown of the VIP Experience?
I landed in Charlotte late Friday morning and met up with my guest. Then we headed to Michael Waltrip Racing and had lunch with a few very friendly employees and after lunch, we did the MWR shop tour.
2. Part of your prize package included a Michael Waltrip Racing shop tour. Tell us about that. What was the coolest part of the MWR shop tour?
The coolest part of the tour was it was given by the 56 cars gas man, Wes. He was really friendly and answered every question I had. Something interesting on the tour was when they explained what happens to cars after they are damaged.
3. You got to meet and take photos with Michael Waltrip and Clint Bowyer. What were they like? Can you describe your meet and greet?
Michael Waltrip was funny, nice and very down to earth. He doesn’t let his fame go to his head. After Clint won the race, he was so excited - he even gave me a hug in victory lane!
Clint Bowyer was really cool. It was funny because he joked around that maybe we both will have our names in victory lane and that actually happened! For a guy being pulled 10 different directions it was awesome that he took the time to talk to us.
4. You mentioned in your last interview that one of the things you were looking forward to most was seeing your name on Clint Bowyer’s Toyota Camry. How did you react to seeing your name on Clint’s car?
5. You got to watch the race from Clint Bowyer’s pit box. Describe what went on throughout the race in the pit box. What was it like being so close to all of the action?
Being on the pit box was fun because you get to see everything up close and not many people get to experience that. One thing that I didn’t realize was the amount of noise, though. It was really loud! I have even more respect for the pit crew after seeing them up close and in action for a pit stop.
When there were 50 laps left in the race, I got in touch with my contact at MWR to see if we could head over to Victory Lane. So during the last 10 laps of the race we were over to Victory Lane and got there right as Clint was arriving. It was so awesome to be with the team as they celebrated their victory. I even got to have my photo taken with Clint and his trophy!
It was one of the best things to ever happen to me. It was awesome that he won, but it was even greater that I was able to celebrate the victory in Victory Lane. After the race while Clint was in the media center, the MWR team explained to me what goes on after a victory such as the large number of interviews he had to do.
8. If you had to use one word to describe your 5-hour ENERGY® VIP Racing Experience, what would it be?
The 5-hour ENERGY® team would like to congratulate Peter once again for winning this once in a lifetime racing prize package. Stay tuned for upcoming 5-hour ENERGY® contests and giveaways!